This is the ideal webinar for anyone responsible for overseeing outgoing correspondence, paperwork, project proposals, and email throughout the course of the workday. You'll walk away with two tangible proofreading tools designed to make your job easier.
Why should you Attend
Any document, media kit, or email bearing your organization's insignia or name must be absolutely error free. Even a careless mistake in an email can damage a leader's reputation and can make an entire organization look bad.It's all about our attention to detail.
Proofreading is a skill anyone can learn and improve. Very few business professionals actually have ever been TAUGHT how to proofread. So join us if:
- You have ever forgotten to attach a document to an email
- You've had to resend that email two minutes later with an "Oops, here it is" message
- You've sent out mass correspondence with a big typo and didn't realize it until it was too late
- You've ever accidentally omitted the "l" when typing the word "public" and not caught it in time (happens more often than you would think)
- You've accidentally typed "form" instead of "from"
- Or "you" instead of "your"
- You've been guilty of taking texting short cuts in your business emails - or you know someone who does
- You have a whopper of a proofreading blooper story of your own to tell
- You're starting to miss errors of omission and other hard-to-catch mistakes
Areas Covered in the Session
- How to make sure documents leave your office error free
- The "Newspaper Proof": A fail-safe three-step approach to proofreading
- The "Proofreader's Power Pack": Which tools and resources are indispensable to a proofreader
- How to proofread in a distracting office environment
- How to spot errors of omission
- Why you never should proofread directly from your computer screen
- How to catch the bloopers before the bloopers catch you!
Who Will Benefit
- Chief Human Resource Officers
- Senior Management Team
- HR Managers, Directors, and Administrators
- Employment Managers
- Training Directors
Mandi Stanley With more than 16 years of experience on the seminar circuit, Certified Speaking Professional Mandi Stanley works primarily with business leaders who want to boost their professional image and with people who want to be better speakers and writers.
In 2003, Mandi was designated a CSP, Certified Speaking Professional. Fewer than 9 percent of all worldwide speakers have earned this designation, and Mandi is the first Mississippian in history to receive this honor through the National Speakers Association.
She's a summa cum laude graduate with concentrations in English, communication, and management, and served as a faculty member of the American Management Association for five years. Mandi is the author of The No-Panic Plan for Presenters, which was named a Finalist in the Career category at the Independent Book Publishers Awards in New York. Audiences appreciate her platform enthusiasm, interactive style, and content-rich messages.