For most business users (and many home users too), Microsoft Outlook has become the standard application for managing emails, calendar appointments and to-dos.With an abundance of features and versions for desktop and mobile, there's really no excuse not to be organized. Or so the theory goes.With the average office worker receiving over 100 emails per day, the reality for most people is email overload, missed deadlines, and calendars so full you have no room to stop, take stock and smell the roses (as the saying goes).
Why should you Attend
You're probably reading this thinking "I use Outlook every day. I know how to send and receive emails. What more is there to learn?"
But just stop and think. How much time are you wasting searching for information stored in Outlook? Could your mailbox be better organized? Is your inbox out of control? Are you drowning in a sea of emails?
Attend this training if you want to take control of your Outlook mailbox rather than letting it control you!
Areas Covered in the Session
- Configure Outlook for distraction-free productivity
- Creating Rules to automate email processing
- Creating Quick Steps to automate a series of actions
- The 4 D's of email management and how to apply them
- Converting emails into actionable to-do items
- Converting emails into calendar appointments
- Categories v Folders: What’s the difference and what are the pros and cons of each?
- This training session focuses on the email aspect of Outlook. In this session you'll learn how, used in the right way, Outlook can save you time, help you to gain more control over your mailbox, improve your response time and allow you to keep up with the never-ending stream of critical actions and due dates
Who Will Benefit
- This introductory-level session is aimed at anyone who uses Microsoft Outlook and is looking for a way to get back those precious hours!
- The training will be delivered using the latest version of Outlook although much of the functionality is available in earlier versions of the application
Mike Thomas has worked in the IT training business since 1989. He is a subject matter expert in a range of technologies including Microsoft Office and Apple Mac. In 2012 He founded theexceltrainer.co.uk where he has produced nearly 200 written and video-based Excel tutorials. He has recorded several Excel training courses for pluralsight.com and in his career delivered hundreds of courses and webinars on a wide variety of technology-related topics.
Mike is a Fellow of The Learning and Performance Institute and has worked with and for a large number of global and UK-based companies and organisations across a diverse range of sectors. In addition to training, he also designs and develops Microsoft Office-based solutions that automate key business tasks and processes.