In this session Mr. Wolfe will provide an overview of the Stark Law and Anti-Kickback Statute. He will also discuss best practices for auditing physician contracts on behalf of health systems, hospitals, medical groups and physician practices.
The webinar will focus on regulatory requirements, key provisions, valuation considerations and potential pitfalls that should be avoided.
Why should you Attend
This webinar will offer best practices for implementing and auditing physician contracts to minimize liability and penalties.
Areas Covered in the Session
- Provide a general Stark and Anti-Kickback Overview
- Examine critical regulatory requirements related to physician compensation arrangements
- Review processes for documenting fair market value and commercial reasonableness
- Discuss best practices for auditing physician compensation arrangements and potential pitfalls
- Discuss how to resolve issues that may arise during the audit process
Who Will Benefit
- In-House Counsel
- Health Care Compliance Officers
- Health Care Human Resources
- Health Care CFOs
- Health Care Executives
Joseph Wolfe is an attorney with Hall Render, the largest healthcare-focused law firm in the country. Mr. Wolfe supports high-performing hospitals, health systems, medical groups, and other healthcare organizations nationwide on complex financial, legal, regulatory, and strategic issues both as a consultant and attorney, depending on the scope of support, client preference, and need. He is a frequent speaker for most of the national healthcare trade associations and has given over 200 in-person, web-based, and podcast presentations in recent years. He is the leader of Hall Render’s healthcare regulatory practice group and currently serves as the vice chair of educational programming for the American Health Law Association’s Fraud & Abuse Practice Group. He is licensed as an attorney in both Florida and Wisconsin.