In this session Mr. Wolfe will provide an overview of the Stark Law, including its recent changes.
He will also discuss best practices for auditing physician compensation arrangements on behalf of health systems, hospitals, medical groups and physician practices. The webinar will focus on regulatory requirements, key provisions, valuation considerations and potential pitfalls that should be avoided.
Why should you Attend
This webinar will offer best practices for implementing and auditing physician compensation arrangements to minimize liability exposure and penalties, including conducting compliance audits, instituting policies, and establishing ongoing monitoring and reviews.
Areas Covered in the Session
- Provide a general Stark Law Overview
- Examine Critical Regulatory Requirements related to physician Compensation Arrangements
- Review processes for Documenting Fair Market Value and commercial Reasonableness
- Discuss best Practices for Auditing Physician Compensation Arrangements and Potential Pitfalls
- Discuss how to Resolve Issues that may arise During the Audit Process
Who Will Benefit
- In-House Counsel
- Health Care Compliance Officers
- Health Care Human Resources
- Health Care CFOs
- Health Care Executives
Joseph Wolfe is an attorney with Hall, Render, Killian, Heath & Lyman, P.C., the largest health care focused law firm in the country. Mr. Wolfe provides advice and counsel to some of the nation's largest health systems, hospitals and medical groups on a variety of health care issues. He regularly counsels clients on a national basis regarding compliance-focused physician compensation and alignment strategies. He is a frequent speaker on issues related to the physician self-referral statute (Stark Law), hospital-physician transactions, physician compensation governance and health care valuation issues. Before attending law school at the University of Wisconsin, he served as a combat engineer in the United States Army.