Documentation is both the bane and the blessing for HR. It is difficult
to get people to do it, but it is preferred by attorneys and believed by
judges and juries.
Why should you Attend
Annually hundreds of thousands of lawsuits and hearings occur across the
country. Each of these is "legal" proceeding which require evidence of
events that actually occurred. Documentation is what wins, or in some
cases loses, these lawsuits and hearings. The result of lack of
documentation results in the loss of millions of dollars each year that
might be prevented by a good documentation program.
Areas Covered in the Session
- How and why documentation is good
- Meets the legal requirements of Federal statutes
- Provides a record of interactions with employees in order to provide better recall of what was said and done
- Helps knowledge retention. You do not need to have the original parties to have a recollection of the event or conversation
- Provides the legal documentation needed to defend the company in a lawsuit
- We will talk about how documentation will get you in trouble
- What is necessary for good documentation
- We will talk about what tools can be used
With this information you will be better able to defend the organization
from loses incurred due to poor documentation practices.
Who Will Benefit
- Office Managers
- HR Managers
- Business Owners
Michael D. Haberman is a consultant, speaker, writer and teacher. He is President of Omega HR Consulting, a consulting and services company offering complete human resources solutions. Mike brings 35+ years of experience in dealing with the challenges of Human Resources in the 21st century. He has a Master's in HR and is certified as a Senior HR professional.
He has over 18 years’ experience in the class room teaching human resources fundamentals and certification preparation.
Mike is the author of the Human Resources blog found at OmegaHRConsulting.com , which has been recognized as a top human resources related blogs. He has also been named a top Digital Influencer in Human Resources.
Mike has gained a reputation as a compliance expert and as an HR futurist. He speaks on a variety of subjects to business associations, human resource associations and business based civic clubs. He has presented numerous webinars on various HR related issues.